Well, August is here already, but is the summer sun sticking around that bit longer? Let’s hope so because that Bank Holiday BBQ is calling!
A warm evening in the garden with the BBQ on, relaxing with family and friends? Sounds like an enjoyable way to make the most of the summer sun right?…unless you’re hosting…
If it’s your turn to feed all the family or have the friends round, why not use some of our tips, tricks and ideas to whip up some of these quick and simple sizzling summer recipes using free-from Stoffell’s sauces which take just minutes to prepare – meaning less time cooking, and more time enjoying!
Stoffell’s are delicious free-from sauces made only from natural ingredients and sweetened with Stevia – so there’s no added sugars, just great flavours! Our range of sauces are all gluten-free and sugar-free so whether you’re calorie-conscious, diabetic, vegetarian or vegan -Stoffell’s are the sauces for you!
But healthy doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice tasty! Check out this super-simple summer BBQ recipe idea that all your family and friends will love this August!
RECIPE: Stoffell’s Marinated Barbeque Chicken
Chicken drumsticks, chicken thighs or chicken fillet skewers, it’s up to you! This super easy way to add guilt-free flavour to your BBQ meats takes just minutes to prepare.
Preparing the Chicken
- Light the BBQ and thoroughly heat until a temperature of 110ºC – 120ºC is maintained.
- TIP: Position a pan or foil tray of water next to the charcoal to help keep the chicken moist as it cooks!
- Season the raw chicken and place on the BBQ. Allow to slow cook for 3 hours.
- TIP: Baste the chicken in apple juice every 30-45 minutes to maintain a sweet, juicy flavour!
Preparing the Barbeque Sauce
- Pour 1 bottle of Stoffell’s Barbeque Sauce into a bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon of Rapeseed Oil to the bowl
- Mix together until a smooth consistency is reached
- In the final 10-15 minutes of cooking, paint the BBQ marinade sauce over the chicken, turning it over to create an overall even covering on both sides
- Cook the chicken for a final 10 to 15 minutes to brown over
- Serve piping hot!
Don’t want to BBQ?
Season the raw chicken and place on a tray. Cook the chicken in the oven at 180ºC for 30-40 minutes. 10 minutes before serving remove the chicken, paint on your BBQ sauce and re-place in the oven for a further final 10 minutes to brown over!
Usually cooking with sauces as marinades leaves the meat tasting burnt because of the sugar in the sauce being over heated – but not with Stoffell’s! Our naturally sweetened sauces can absolutely be heated and used as marinades because they all contain no added sugars!
Perfect for the BBQ and your summer evening of fun in the sun! YUM!